Re: LeMans / SpeedVision Touring Cup.

Yes...  I caught the last few laps of the race on SpeedVision.  I was so excited
for the Audi team placing 3rd/4th.  CONGRATS TO THOSE GUYS!!!
That CLK-GTR accident was insane!  It just took off like a plane out of control.

Anyways...  did anyone catch the SpeedVision Touring Cup races this weekend?
I was watching SpeedVision and  most of a Touring Cup race (unfortunately, I was
with people who wanted to watch a movie).  The race I saw had two VW Jettas and
one VW Golf.  They never mentioned if they had VR6's under the hood.  The
Jettas looked pretty much near stock from the outside (both were white with
no stickers/designs).  There were also a group of BMW 318/325, one Ford
Contour, and a big group of Acura Integra R's.  The Acura Integras pretty
much dominated the race (they had 4 of them up front for most of what I saw.
I was pretty dissapointed to see the Jettas driving so slow.  I guess they were
just getting started.  I was very happy to finally see some VW's out there
though.  Good luck to those VDubbers out there in the future.

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6
Garrett .11