Re: New GLX Owner :-)

To some extent you are correct. My first two Mustangs bought new
had the engines removed, blueprinted, bored and stroked,plenum,
heads, intake manifolds ported and polished, throttle body enlarged,
chip made to specs, hardened 1st 2nd and 3rd put in and 3:73 in
the rear as well as Koni suspension put in. Needless to say the cars
flew and were subsequently stolen. My third mustang stayed stock
(lost big bucks with insurance claim on the first two). I was
comparing a bone stock stang to the GLX/ I believe the suspension
on the GLX is much more refined than a stock mustang and,
considering its a 6 cyl. its a marvel of engineering. Also much more
nimble than the mustang.I just drove my brother's '97 Stang and it
feels like a ton of bricks being pushed along by big hp. (no
refinement)compared to the GLX. The american theory of speed
has always been  not to refine the vehicle (i.e. suspension
geometry, body style, etc) but to just put a bigger engine in it.
There's no thought involved in american speed engineering. Bigger
engine is better is the going theory.

So, all in all I believe the Jetta is a better all around engineered
vehicle. Wouldn't buy another mustang anymore.

Now, out of curiosity do you have an aftermarket alarm on your
vehicle? Just got done speaking with a few install shops and they
were dumbfounded when I asked them how an after market alarm
would coexist or replace the factory alarm.Specifically, could they
overcome the fact that one could not physically lock the driver's door
form the inside when exiting (one must use the key) and could the
aftermarket alarm handle keyless entry/entry exit and automatacally
lock doors and close windows (as one can do with the key now).
Anybody have any suggestions on this one?

Congrats on the '98, I have a black one also. But honestly how can you call