Re: RE: Political Correctness AND for relevancy: TrunkScrews...

I think that in order to rectify the situation with the trunk lid you would have to loosen the screws that hold a bottom hitch of the trunk lock and readjust it...    Hope it helps.
As for Eric, I can understand his concern with the"riceboys" (whatever he ment by it). If somebody else takes your car to the shop that YOU don't trust, you get worried, and if they trying to sell you horseshit, you basicly get pissed.  I fully agree with Khan.

Matt Zajac
Technical Analyst
Beliot Corporation
E-Mail: MTZajac@beloit.com
Tel: (847) 229-5843
Fax: (847) 229-5880

At 3:10 PM -0400 7/27/99, Karp, Steve wrote:
>Hey Eric,
>
>When you're done hiding behind all your buzzwords and bullshit, do
>you realize how much of an idiot you sound like? ... what, did you
>here Rush Limbaugh say all this once and think it sounded cool or
>something ... while I'm not much for political correctness either, I
>am one for respecting others and it certainlty sounds like you don't
>understand the concept of respect.
>
>Steve

Who cares if he has respect, as long as he drives a Jetta? I mean
come on, this whole thing is getting OUT OF HAND.

These are the facts:

1. Eric is not a racist.
2. His comments were not racist. They were insensitive towards
Hondas, Honda drivers, and places that cater to them, but they were
not racist.
3. While you are free to ask for it, Eric is under no obligation to
provide anyone with respect, or consideration or to be politically
correct. ESPECIALLY when his comments are being misconstrued as
something they are not.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them, most of them stink,
and I won't mind if you keep your nose out of mine.

There's only one opinion that counts on THIS list. The VW VR6 Jetta
GLX kicks ass. What else is there to say? If you have a problem with
someone and their racist comments, take it to them directly, don't
respond to the list. Even if Eric was an insensitive, offensive,
moron, I don't care. Get over it. They guy drives a sweet Jetta. What
else matters here, as long as he keeps his messages RELEVANT.

SPEAKING OF RELEVANT:

Does anyone else seem to have a problem with their trunk? I often
have to slam my trunk quite hard to get it to shut. I read a TSB
dated Mar. 23 (don't know the year) that talked about trunk screws.
Beuller?

-Khan