Re: Political Correctness AND for relevancy: Trunk Screws...

It's not all about the jettas, as much time as people spend on this list whining about the way people drive it is plainly not just about the jettas.  It seems as though it is also supposed to be about being a civil human being, but perhaps this is just the hope of a few members of this list.  I for one like to think that my fellow Jetta drivers are responsible members of society, perhaps today I have seen otherwise.  To say that calling somebody a riceboy is not insulting a culture, rather it is insulting a car, is as close to pure bullshit as I have read in a long time.  Does a Honda have anything to do with rice, not really, but the people who own the company do happen to be Japanese, and yes the Japanese are associated with rice.  Oh wait, now we are back to insulting cultures and ethniciities.  Is Eric a racist?  I haven't the slightest idea, I don't know Eric.  Does Eric make himself appear to be a racist from his posts?  He is doing a pretty good job so far...

Ben

brewtail@mediaone.net wrote:

BRAVO!!!! It's all about the Jettas.

Khan Klatt wrote:

At 3:10 PM -0400 7/27/99, Karp, Steve wrote:
>Hey Eric,
>
>When you're done hiding behind all your buzzwords and bullshit, do
>you realize how much of an idiot you sound like? ... what, did you
>here Rush Limbaugh say all this once and think it sounded cool or
>something ... while I'm not much for political correctness either, I
>am one for respecting others and it certainlty sounds like you don't
>understand the concept of respect.
>
>Steve

Who cares if he has respect, as long as he drives a Jetta? I mean
come on, this whole thing is getting OUT OF HAND.

These are the facts:

1. Eric is not a racist.
2. His comments were not racist. They were insensitive towards
Hondas, Honda drivers, and places that cater to them, but they were
not racist.
3. While you are free to ask for it, Eric is under no obligation to
provide anyone with respect, or consideration or to be politically
correct. ESPECIALLY when his comments are being misconstrued as
something they are not.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them, most of them stink,
and I won't mind if you keep your nose out of mine.

There's only one opinion that counts on THIS list. The VW VR6 Jetta
GLX kicks ass. What else is there to say? If you have a problem with
someone and their racist comments, take it to them directly, don't
respond to the list. Even if Eric was an insensitive, offensive,
moron, I don't care. Get over it. They guy drives a sweet Jetta. What
else matters here, as long as he keeps his messages RELEVANT.

SPEAKING OF RELEVANT:

Does anyone else seem to have a problem with their trunk? I often
have to slam my trunk quite hard to get it to shut. I read a TSB
dated Mar. 23 (don't know the year) that talked about trunk screws.
Beuller?

-Khan