Re: new twist/dreaming (was Re: Viper vs. 993)

At 12:17 PM -0500 7/21/99, Billy T. wrote:
>Ya know, if I had the 80k to buy any car, I would keep what I have, except, it
>would be a 450 hp turbocharged, syncro, monster.  Some of you may
>feel the same
>way, some of you may think it is crazy...  but imagine the fun you would have.
>
>Completely strip the thing down, seam weld it for rigidity, and to get rid of
>alot of the squeaks.  Sound proof it, 200 extra pounds won't be all that
>detrimental to a 450 hp car.  Paint it, flat olive green(like the M3
>CLSII), 30
>coats of an actual good paint, not the crap VW used on my car...  anyway, the
>possibilities are endless. I won't even get started an what I would do to the
>motor...  crower rods, JE pistons, and all that good stuff.  Not to
>mention the
>syncro running gear from the other side of the pond.  It would definitely be
>good fun.  Of course, I would need a car to drive while I worked on the GTI...
>maybe that 993 would come in handy after all...  a C2 of course.

I hear you, but there are drivers out there like me, who don't want
to fiddle with a car. I'd rather just have the Porsche/Audi/BMW
engineers to have built it right from the factory. Of course, there
are those out there that like to build cars up from stock, and that's
why the Jetta is so cool. I already posted what I'd buy for the $25K
increments above 25K, so I won't restart that thread... My next step
up automotively is the M3. :)

-K