new twist/dreaming (was Re: Viper vs. 993)

Ya know, if I had the 80k to buy any car, I would keep what I have, except, it
would be a 450 hp turbocharged, syncro, monster.  Some of you may feel the same
way, some of you may think it is crazy...  but imagine the fun you would have.

Completely strip the thing down, seam weld it for rigidity, and to get rid of
alot of the squeaks.  Sound proof it, 200 extra pounds won't be all that
detrimental to a 450 hp car.  Paint it, flat olive green(like the M3 CLSII), 30
coats of an actual good paint, not the crap VW used on my car...  anyway, the
possibilities are endless. I won't even get started an what I would do to the
motor...  crower rods, JE pistons, and all that good stuff.  Not to mention the
syncro running gear from the other side of the pond.  It would definitely be
good fun.  Of course, I would need a car to drive while I worked on the GTI...
maybe that 993 would come in handy after all...  a C2 of course.