Re: thoughts on selling

Hmmm...  it just sounds like you were unfortunate to buy a lemon.  I'm sorry
you have had all of these problems.  I have a '98 Jetta GLX and I have
had a few MINOR problems (nothing comparing to yours)... so I've been very
very very pleased with my car.  I currently have 27,800 miles on my baby.
Here is a list of problems I've had with my car:
1)  Ghost window - my pinch protection would activate even though there
	was nothing blocking the path of the window.  Fixed by slightly
	widening the slot that the window sits in.
2)  BOSE head unit replaced - tapes started working only in one direction.
	I do not blame VW for this.  It was replaced under warranty.
3)  Various rattles - this comes with many new vehicles.  I just figured where
	they came from, fixed them, and then went on my happy ways.

That's it!!!  Right now, my car has been running better than ever.  No problems
what-so-ever.  I haven't had a single problem for over 20k miles.  :)

I would check out the lemon laws for your state.  This may mean a new VW for
you if you qualify for the lemon law.
BTW... every car maker will have problems with some of their cars... some more
than others.  Even the popular Hondas and Toyotas are not trouble-free.  I have
a friend who has a '96 Accord and would not buy another Honda ever again
because of various problems he has had (ie. front windshield leaked, speedometer
stopped working at all, etc.).  He hates it.

Good Luck,

Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6
-Garrett Chip v.11