Re: Stereo

OK
Like I said before. I installed a new Kenwood KRC805 head unit with BOSE and it works perfect for me, I understand that different people might have a different tase and listening habits.
I connected a speaker outputs to input of the BOSE AMP and there's a small, I think very thin black wire, that powers an AMP, that needs to be connected to your head unit "remote ON" output.
There isn't a "harness" for that type of installation that I'm aware of, simply because this type of installation is  discouraged by "pros" ( proper installation would require rewiring of all of your speakers etc. read MULA ). Next time I take my radio out I will write down a spec that would include wire colors etc. ( those may vary ).
Quality? For my personal use it sounds superb. You will notice a slight change in volume controll, but nothing major.

Matt Zajac
Technical Analyst
Beliot Corporation
E-Mail: MTZajac@beloit.com
Tel: (847) 229-5843
Fax: (847) 229-5880

>>> David Hughes <dhughes@worldpassage.net> 07/14 9:44 AM >>>
I realize this has been asked (and answered) MANY times before.  Please,
email me privately with a simple answer.

I just bought a new head unit for my 1998 Jetta GLX (Bose System).   Can I
use a "harness" or do I need to rewire the entire system.  The head unit is
a good one.

Also, if I can (and do) use a "harness", will the sound quality be
noticeably different/worse(?) vs. rewiring it??

Please email me privately,

dhughes@worldpassage.net

SORRY TO BRING UP AN OLD SUBJECT.  :-(