Help me out!

Glad I could help, Eric.  If I was closer to you Illinois/Wisconsin guys,
I'd get in on it, but since I'm stuck here at Central Michigan University, I
guess I've got to bide my time until I can get into a club.

On a completely unrelated note, I've got a question for all of you guys, and
it concerns the car I'm considering for when I'm out of school in about a
year, give or take.  I'm fairly uncertain what I'd like, but I know it's a
Volkswagen.  I'd love to buy an 86 or an 87 GTi for as little money as I
can, and put some time into it and make it a streetworthy car.  Nothing too
flashy, just something that looks sharp on the street and gets noticed from
time to time.  The other option is to go with a late model Jetta III.  I'm
not all that keen on the new body style for 99 (although I saw an ad for the
Oettinger Jetta IV which looks VERY sharp).  I'm six foot six, so this has
to play into the discussion.  What would you guys tell me to buy?  A Jetta
or a GTi?  I'm looking for as much input on this one as possible, so any
feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much...

Ryan