Re: Car hit...Follow-Up Thought(long)

Hey Chris,

First off, my condolences on the car. I've been there, done that. Have had
each of my cars hit while parked on the mean streets of New York in front
of my house. Once my Chrysler sustained over $800 of hit and run damage,
from the rear door to the rear bumper was toast, no note, wee hours of the
morning. My neighbor heard the crash, looked out and didn't see anything
because of the trees. (My bedroom is in the back of the house)

Another time, some woman made a u-turn, didn't quite clear my car, dented
my door and fender and tried to drive away. An elderly neighbor saw her
and stopped her and made her leave a note which said "Allstate 555-XXXX"
Of course, no name, policy #, etc. etc. All I had to go on was she was in
a red 4 door sedan. Needless to say, I had to eat the repair cost on both
cars. (I had liability).

My Jetta has sustained its fair share of scratches and scrapes but so far
nothing major. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and a baseball bat handy :-)

So hang in there and good luck, go kick some Mazda driving butt!!!

Later,
-Naresh

'95 Jetta GL- Black