Re: VWPAN97 adapter power?

Yes... I also cut the 3 Amp fuse from the yellow wire when I
ran a separate wire to my accessory power source and attached
it to the wire for safety.

That is cool that the trunk light worked.  I just about tried every
source of power near the rear, but nothing seemed to work.

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6