Rear Car Noise (muffler noise)

VR6'ers,
Well I finally got the noise in the back of my car to stop.  I went to a VW
dealer and looked under a '98 Jetta GLX VR6 and checked out its muffler
setup.  The rubber hanger on the dealer Jetta was about 1/4 - 1/2" shorter
than mine.  I purchased some new hangers to install them on my car.  I got
my car on stands and removed my old hangers and compared them to the new
ones.  The old ones were 3/8 - 1/2" longer than the new ones, I guessed they
had stretched out.  I installed the new ones and went for a test drive to
see if it fixed the problem.  COOL!!  The noise is gone!!  Just thought you
guys would want to know!
Chris
'97 Jetta GLX VR6