HEADLIGHT REPLACED $$$$$$

Hey guys, (Don)

Listen to this one, a friend of mine took his Cabrio (I know its not a
Jetta, but) to a local dealer in Allston, MA (Boston VW) for a headlight
replacement. The lens was cracked from a stone and the low beam was blown.
They replaced the entire lens and BOTH bulbs (low/high). The high beam was
fine, but they replaced it anyways...

2 hours labor: $101
Lens Assembly: $131
Low Beam: $17
High Beam: $22

+ Tax= @$280

What the F**K!

The original quote, $140. This was to be covered by the insurance (full
glass in Mass). When my friend showed-up they said he had to pay out of
pocket first, before they could have the Insurance Company involved.
Hrmmm... He couldn't take the car until he paid the full price either.

Any input? Should this have been so high and should he just sit back and
accept the fact that he got SCR*WED?

Thanks for any insight...

Chris
98 J-VR6