Power window problems.

I am having some problems with my power windows, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing and has some advice.  About three months ago, the passenger side rear window stopped functioning completely.  I tried the switch in the center console and the one on the door for a few minutes, and it suddenly started working again.  I never had another problem until this past week, when it stopped working again.  It hasn't moved since.

When I press the switch, I can hear a clicking sound in the door, but there is no movement.  The window doesn't even work with the key in the door.  Is this a sign of a bad power window motor?  I'm out of my 2/24 warranty, so I hope it isn't.

Thanks for the help,

Curt Bohart
'97 Jetta GLX
'92 Corrado SLC