Superbowl Cruise Details! (long)

Hey all,
Some awesome developments with the cruise.......26 cars so far!!
Unbelievable! A great response so far and it's still growing. The newly
ammended list of people attending is as follows.....
I1000101@aol.com (Jon)
Abaltao@aol.com (Alex)
Mike Otten
Wally Green
Peter Rosario
Jason Martin
Kevin Ng
Jeff Atwood
Greg Perry
Glenn Mason
Gregory Mard
VWK2girl@aol.com (Michelle)
Mike DiTorre
Anthony DiTorre
John Kuitwaard
Greg Coe
Joe Maahs
VWLUVR6@aol.com (Kevin) + 2 friends
FlyinVR6@li.net (Chris)
Joe Maahs
BWatkins@pseg.com (Brian)
VeeDubGolf (Pat)
Eric Wang
Jose Gomez
Charlie Miller
...crazy stuff, huh? Now for directions and further details......directions
first......
Directions:
from New England: take I95 south to Throgs Neck Bridge > TNB to the Grand
Central Pkwy east (look for signs) > GCP turns into Northern State Pkwy once
you enter Nassau County (same exact highway though) > stay on NSP east to
Wantagh State Pkwy south (stay on for 10 mins) > WSP south to Southern State
Pkwy east (exit ramp is on left) > once on SSP east exit ramp, stay on it
and do NOT merge onto highway....the exit ramp is the same ramp for the
Wantagh Ave exit off the SSP. Once you get to the stop sign at the end of
the Wantagh Ave exit ramp, make a right and go down 100 yards to the Burger
King on your left.
from 495 (Long Island Expressway): 495 (LIE=Long Island Expressway) then
take that east to Cross Island Pkwy south >CIP south to Belt Pkwy east
(which turns into Southern State Pkwy once u enter Nassau Cty) then to exit
28 off the SSP which will be Wantagh Avenue south (NOT Wantagh Pkwy south)
then same as above
from Belt Pkwy: Belt Pkwy east turns into Southern State Pkwy once in Nassau
Cty > to exit 28 south off the SSP which is Wantagh Avenue south (NOT
Wantagh Pkwy south) then follow same as above.
***The Burger King has a large parking lot, however if we have any problems
with fitting all the cars there, we will have access to 2 other parking lots
right next to the BK.......either way, someone will be in the BK parking lot
at the specified meeting time.
A couple IMPORTANT notations......
***This is NOT a race! This is an informal and casual cruise for VW
enthusiasts......if u have any intention of racing, please do NOT come to
this event!
***For safety reasons, drivers will be asked NOT to pass other cruise
members during our route unless specified only by ME. This is for the safety
of other drivers on the road that are not involved in the cruise and also
for your safety.
***If anyone owns or has access to either the Motorola Talkabout or Kenwood
FreeTalk walkie-talkies, please bring them with you. Some people will have
them in their cars and it will make it easier for everybody to stay in touch
throughout the entire cruise.
***There are a few stops planned during the cruise so people can switch cars
and try different suspension settings in other cars. We will also stop so we
can stretch and share stories too.
MEETING TIME:
***WE will be meeting at the Burger King at 10:30 and hopefully be leaving
by 11am sharp. For people who don't know whether or not they can make it by
this time should grab the cell phone number of someone else who they know is
in the cruise so they can catch up to us wherever we may be. The cruise will
probably last until 3pm.
***MAPS will be handed out to everyone on the cruise along with my cell
phone # in case anyone falls asleep at the wheel and winds up on a ferry to
CT.
***In case of any questions or problems in regard to this trip or how to get
to this event, I can be reached at 516 679 7740. On the morning of the
cruise, all phone calls made to that # will be forwarded to my cell phone so
I will always be reachable.
That's about it....anything questions or details that I may not have covered
can be answered by calling me at the number provided above during evenings
after 8pm and before 12 midnight.
>>>BRING CAMERAS!!!<<<
Thanx and take care,
-FlyinVR6