RE: Driving Schools

As was said, car clubs (Porsche & BMW) or the track mgmt. itself with your
own car are about $150 /day, and the name brands / their car are $3-500 day.
First, find out what tracks are within 2 hrs. if possible.  One thing to
consider (pray it doesn't happen!), if you were 5 hrs away and ditched your
car, though at that point I guess it doesn't matter.  Some clubs give
priority to members (join BMW, recoup the membership fee and get in on
events/discounts, I did 6 years before I got one; Porsche requires
ownership).

Do your first school on street rubber, the learning curve is drastically
different on R1's.  Plus you will love sliding around. ;-)  Buy a helmet
that meets the club's Snell rating requirements if you will do any future
car events. (snell.org)