Clear-coat problems??

Hi all again,
I have just recently noticed the on the hood of my car
there are some real small pits in the clear-coat/paint
surface.  They are not noticeable unless the sun glares
off the surface and you are looking at it from the side
angle.  My car's paint is in very good condition since
I polish/wax it often, and the outside elements in the
region I live in mostly consists of hot sun in summer,
and just regular rain-fall in the winter.  Mild conditions
as far as the rest of the states go.  Should I present
the problem to the dealer?  I have 23,500 miles on my
car.....Thanks for the responses!!!!! Later...........

Talat
97 GLX
Blk/Blk Autotech f/r swaybars & upper front strut tower bar