From: Jeff Newton [mailto:Jeff_Newton@pmc-sierra.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 1999 12:14 PM
To: gti-vr6@cobra.ccsi.com; jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Help with Brake Fade

Folks,

Yesterday I noticed something peculiar.  On a straight, vacant
service road (read Safe) I did three 0-100-0 runs, one right after the
other.  When braking on the last run, I noticed the car just didn't
want to stop as well as it had before.  The pedal felt very spongy.
I am I correct in assuming that this is brake fade?  I did not enjoy
this feeling and I'd like to know what steps I can take to prevent
this from happening, other than buying slotted rotors, race pads and
stainless lines.

Would bleeding the lines and a brake fluid change help?

At some point I'll upgrade with rotors, pads, and stainless lines but
I'd like to know what I can do in the meantime with stock 97 brakes.

Cheers,

----
Jeff Newton