Re: Stereo alarm feature

You can activate it yourself.  All you need is the code and the instruction
book.  Just follow the steps that they give for coding a locked radio and
that will enable the code protection and the blinking light.  You can do
this as often as you like to switch the code protection on and off.  You may
want to switch it off if, for instance, you know the battery is going to be
disconnected while doing some other work.

Actually I have my book right here so I'll type the instructions in,
slightly abbreviated.  This is for the Panasonic /Bose radio and I think
that when activating the code protection on a radio that is not locked up,
it will say "CODE" instead of "SAFE":

-Press the "SEEK" and "<SCAN" buttons simultaneously and hold them down
until "1000" lights up in the display.  Release the buttons.

-Use station buttons 1 to 4 to input the code number.  Use button 1 to input
the first digit, button 2 to input the second digit, and so on.  The first
digit can be either 1 or blank (use for 0).  The others are from 1 to 9.

-Once the code is shown in the display, press the "SEEK" and "<SCAN" until
the word "SAFE" (or "CODE") appears in the display.  Release the buttons.
Soon afterwards, a frequency will be displayed.

-Done.

--Chris