Clutch

I installed an AP racing clutch about a month ago.  When I first put it
in  it was really grabby, on or off, you couldn't slip it if you tried.
Now after only a month the friction point is really high on my pedel, I
press it in about 1" and the clutch disengages.  This is reminisent of
when my stock clutch went out.  I know there is no way to adjust the
point of friction (where the clutch engages,in relation to pedel
depress).  My question is has any one had experience with a performance
clutch that didn't "act" right? What was wrong? What did you do?

          JR