RE: '98 GLX wireless remote? Seat height?

> 2) I'm tall (6'6") and the GLX, of course, has the nice but
> headroom-robbing moonroof.  And height adjusting seats.  Is there
> any way to refit the seats so that they are lower and yield more
> headroom? Otherwise, it is difficult for me to get a perfect driving
> position.  I'm not afraid of taking the seat undercarriage out and
> having it hacked up and rewelded.....

The VW seats also have a tilt adjustment for the lower seat as well as a
tilt for the back. The lower seat tilt allows the back of the lower seat to
drop, make this adjustment before you adjust back and forth, then do the
seat back last.

I'm 6-2 and fit in our MoonRoof car just fine. I always wear hats, too so
I'm taller in the car... ;)

Most aftermarket seats sit lower for some reason. But you are gonna spend
some dough on a set of aftermarket seats....

Hope this helps
-Cab