Re: WARNING: file happy99.exe sent through the list tonight is a virus

From: Murray Nesbitt <murrayn@home.com>
>Uh, why did you post an empty message with just
>the worm if it was "just an accident"?  I think I'll
>take this up with your ISP.

Uh, I didn't intentionally post the second message.  Read up on the worm and
you'll see that it replaces wsock32.dll with its own special version that
sends out a second message with the happy99.exe attachment to the recipients
of any intentional messages (which in my case was the one about the rear
shock rings).  So, by sending the first message, my PC worked away in the
backround and unknown to me send out the second one.  This is a relatively
new worm and the updates to virus protection software came out only about 10
days ago, so do your updates if necessary.  BTW, we have the same ISP.

>To my fellow listers, it's a bad idea to *ever*
>execute any program you receive via email.  When
>I get one, even from family members, they go
>straight into the trash.

Yeah, I usually don't open most attachments, but the first message from the
sender was about how happy he was with his brand new '99 Speed Triple (a
bike which causes instant woodeous maximus with me), and hence, happy99
seemed entirely appropriate as a follow up.  Yeah it was a stupid mistake on
my part, but hey, even the best of us have an occasional major malfunction.

>Ob-VR6: it was so pathetic I had to laugh.  Honda
>buzzes by me on a 4-lane street.....
>Jeez, little Honda buddy, I wasn't gonna hurt you.
>
>Hey Chris, do you drive a Honda by any chance?

No, I don't drive a Honda, but I ride one (and a BMW, too).  So I guess I'm
mad cool (VR6), a weenie faggot (Honda), and an arrogant anal prick (BMW)
all at once.  Wow, I'm impressed with my verstility.  Anyway, the little
Honda has only 40rwhp, but it will do 0-60 in 4 secs and the 1/4 in 13 secs
(all for $2500) so in your pathetic little Honda incident there it couldn't
have been me because I can leave you and just about anything else on the fat
side of a 911 Turbo in the dust.  ...and my dick is bigger than yours, too.
8==>

-Chris
just playin'