RE: Radar detectors - advice? for sale?

I'll add my .02 to the thread.

I bought a Uniden RD in 1990. It was the C&D best rated detector of 1989.
Had it for 7 years, still works. The only tickets I have gotten have been
the times I haven't had the detector (rental car) or had the durned thing
turned off (I get lazy sometimes). It rarely ever falses, but I can pick up
them speed trap fellers from MILES away. When that little bar hits 2-3
lights lit, I know I'm within 2000ft. of a trapper. Of course, being in SC,
they haven't got the latest in any equipment, so maybe this old girl does
the trick.

HOWEVER....
If you are gonna by a fuzzbuster brand new, you might as well shill for the
Valentine. The magazines don't even test it anymore cause it always wins.
They basically are testing for second place. I got kids now, so I don't
"need" the detector too much anymore. I'm usually only 6-10 over. But if I
ever get an M5 in the driveway, I'll have to buy a Valentine, cause M5s
won't even shift into 5th until you are doing 80... ;)

Oh yeah, YMMV, IMHO, Yadda Yadda Yadda. Just because it works for me, don't
mean it will work for you, too. I don't endorse reckless speeding, but
driving the same speed as everyone else can't necessarily be called reckless
can it?

-Cab
95 J3 GLX (w/ optional AutoTech Mercury Outboard)