Re: Interior Noise...

At 4:37 PM -0500 2/2/99, Chuck Simpson wrote:
>Now that someone had brought up the subject of
>excessive interior noise in our cars, I just want to
>know if anyone on the list ever considered (or
>already have) tried to use some sort of insulation?
>I've heard of some products available in car-audio stores
>that insulate the inside panels of vehicles.  (ie. Dynamat)
>Would this be a waste of time and money?
>
>I've always felt the interior noise has been somewhat
>excessive (especially little bumps in the road and
>rail-road tracks) and I've been battling rattles and
>squeaks ever since I purchased the car.  I'm not ready
>to trade my GLX though...  I just love that damn car
>toooooo much!  I'm sure there are alternatives to this.

I had two noises, and both of them were completely fixed:

1. There was a "tickering" kind of sound (like a needle being tapped on a
baking sheet). This was a weird sunroof issue. Took it in, and they
replaced most of the sunroof mechanism on warranty.

2. There was this chattering kind of sound (like two pieces of plastic
jiggling against each other). Looked around for a few days, until I found
out that it was the right rear and center seatbelt latches jiggling against
each other. I lifted up the back seat, and realigned the latches so that
they were separated.

I LOVE MY CAR! NO NOISES WHATSOEVER! (except that pathetic sound my GA's
make as they are trying to burn rubber. Why don't they make frying pans out
of Eagle GA's. Sure as hell NOTHING will stick to them as they certainly
can't stick to pavement. GRRR!)

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225