Interior Noise...

Now that someone had brought up the subject of
excessive interior noise in our cars, I just want to
know if anyone on the list ever considered (or
already have) tried to use some sort of insulation?
I've heard of some products available in car-audio stores
that insulate the inside panels of vehicles.  (ie. Dynamat)
Would this be a waste of time and money?

I've always felt the interior noise has been somewhat
excessive (especially little bumps in the road and
rail-road tracks) and I've been battling rattles and
squeaks ever since I purchased the car.  I'm not ready
to trade my GLX though...  I just love that damn car
toooooo much!  I'm sure there are alternatives to this.

Any input is appreciated,

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6