Re: salty air

I'm not sure if the caliper rust was caused by the salty air.  My calipers
are starting to rust and I only have 18k miles on my '98 GLX.  It's really
starting to piss me off and I'm thinking of painting my calipers as well.

If I were you, I would visually check the underside and the engine compartment
as well for any rust developement.  If you see any unusual rust build-up
anywhere...  ask the dealership or the list if it might be a problem.  Besides,
maybe some performance mods will take care of any potential rust problems.  :)

BTW:  Anyone on the list have any preferences/opinions on what color
caliper would go best with a White GLX?  maybe red?

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6