Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:50:31 -0500
From: "John Darwak" <jpdarwak@flash.net>
Subject: Re: cat

You don't say if you tried changing fuels. If you did, did it make any
difference at all?

My car does not like Mobil fuel. It gives off a weird smell (no I won't
try
to describe it). Switching to Schell or Amoco works fine.

I would think that removing the cat would trip the second O2 sensor for
sure
and would probably cause performance problems as the computer would try
compensate.

The Service Advisor's comments about "slow burning fuel" only suggests
to me
the sad state of education in todays schools...

You might try posing this smell question to the VR6 list.