HELP (read throught the garbage)

All, a girl-friend of mine (in the JAG corps) owns a CLK320 (uh, sweet), and
it's a very quiet car (but fast as ours). Within a year and a half, I hope to
be buying a 528 or 540 (depending), which will also be quiet, refined, and
sporty (but at least it'll have a manual tranny), but for now her CLK's
caused a problem for me:

I want my GLX to be quiet, too. I have done some rather tedious work to stop
the various squeaks and creaks of trim panels, and -with the exception of the
persistent rear 'hat rack' rattle- have been very successful. Now I want to
kill the road noise. I have several questions:
1) Does anyone else have a VERY loud and piercing wind-whistle at the top of
the windshield? Any remedies?
2) Has anyone done the Dynamat thing to their cars? Polyfill? Spray-on sound
killing stuff?
The places I want to work on over the holidays are the doors and (maybe) the
roof (if I can remove the headliner). Then eventually I'll get under the
carpet and do the floor to kill tire noise. But for now I'd be content to
kill just the sound of the wind and the obnoxious roar of the shorty-equipped
350 that just passed me, or the coffee-can-exhaust fart sound of the Honda I
just left in the dust. Any advice? Words of wisdom? PLEASE HELP...

DJ