Re: 4 questions need answers

Smoked side markers are one of the easiest mods I've ever done (takes about a minute), just use a screwdriver to pop them up.

Turn 2 engine mount is also very easy to install, all you have to do is get under front bumper of your car  lay down on the ground, you don't have to raise a car or the engine, use 13 mm wrench to unscrew 3 screws that hold the cover, unscrew 1 screw in the middle that holds the mount get the old one out and put new one in, put it all together using above instructions in a reverse manner.

Good luck.

Matt Z.

>>> "Stash Ensign" <Ensign@nrotc.arizona.edu> 08/31 10:33 AM >>>
Dudes (and Dudettes),

Here are some questions that I'd like help with.

1. I was looking at parts4vws and saw the door side mouldings with
the silver VR6 emblem. They are textured ABS, so I'm assuming they
are unpaintable? I want the VR6 emblem on the moulding like that, a
la M3 (those mouldings are unpainted, too, huh?). Dont want it raised
either. Any other options? If unpaintable,  I think without the Euro
fender flares I'd need to substitute the little piece right in front
of the front door and right behind the back door with the unpainted
parts off of a GL or something. Any thoughts? $160's a good price.
(they are listed for Golfs, but I'm assuming the door dimensions are
the same - Billy T?)

2. The smoked side marker lights. Cheap. Are they easy to install? I
have a black GLX (96), and think they would work well with the
factory smoked taillights.

3. Whipple Turn 2 engine mounts. Easy to install? Nice price, but is
it worth it, considering the work I'll put in? Will I need any
special tools?

4. How does one remove the inside door panel (front door)? I have a
strange click/rattle that has crept up, and I want to get in there to
kill the bastard.

DJB
VWaffe Jetta GLX VR6