Re: suspension

The AVO coilovers are pretty good.  I recently sold mine for a set of H&R
coilovers, but the AVOs were still in excellent condition.  Euro Sport
prototyped the VR6 application on my car a few years back, so I got a really
good deal on them.  Now that the H&Rs have dropped to a reasonable price,
albeit more than the AVOs, there really is no reason for an indivdual in the
market for coilovers not to buy them.  Where the AVOs need further
development in stiffer spring rates to match the shock valving, the H&Rs are
perfectly engineered right out of the box.  The H&Rs are the only coilover
setup I've seen that do not bottom-out under adverse conditions.  A major
reason is the incredibly high spring rates matched with properly valved
Bilstein shocks made tolerable by small helper springs.  This yields a
smooth ride which quickly stiffens during compression and incredible
handling.  We chose to drive German cars for a reason, so why would you buy
a British suspension for it? :)
-Doug
'95 Jetta VR6