Burnt Valve??

Hi guys and gals...

On my 95 Jetta, I have been noticing a rough idle lately, and haven't been
able to get rid of it.  I guess its been here for more than 6 months, but its
really starting to bother me now.  My car doesn't have the power that it used
to have, just seems like its lacking in the top end.  I just replaced the
spark plugs (78k miles now), and got some fuel injector and fuel
treatment....no help.

Here are my symptoms:
--Lost power
--Rough Idle
--Smells rich with fuel from the exhaust pipe
--Some black residue inside the exhaust tips

I talked to my dad about it, and he seems to think that I might have a burnt
valve, seeing as I have the black carbon inside my tailpipes.

FYI, I have a Garret V.09 chip, Modified throttle body, K&N intake with
Airbath, stock exhaust, stock internal engine components.

Any ideas or helpful hints???

Matt
http://www.VR6.org/matts.htm