Questions

Two things.

1) Sometimes (1 out of 30 starts) I will start the caar and drive for
a minute or two and notice that the red 'BRAKE' indicator is
illuminated on the dash. I check to verify, and brake is disengaged.
Then I notice that the orange ABS light left of the steering wheel is
lit. If I depress the A/C and recirc buttons, the A/C doesn't
work, and the amber lights on those buttons don't come on. What's up,
shuld I be worried?

2) Is the ECU easy to find/deal with on this car? I want to G-chip
it, (I have a '96, so mine should be socketed, right?), and want to
know what is involved with the removal/install, or whatever. Is there
anything in the way of instructions with the chip or in the archives?

Your help is appreciated.

DJB "VWAFFE"
96 GLX VR6