Re: 95 Jetta GLX overheating

Jeff,

Was stuck in traffic the other day with the ac on full blast...the car's
thermometer said 117 degrees. Oil temp was 230-240 and the water temp needle
was straight up and didn't budge the whole time. What you are experiencing
is not normal.

I'm willing to bet that it is the hi/low temp switch with the thermostat as
another possibility. Had the same problem with my old BMW. Need to gain
access to a Bentley manual to find out where the swiches are and how to test
them.
--
John Darwak
'97 GLX Sequoia/Biber Beige