Fw: new rims

Hello again.
    I am looking to get some new wheels for my car (96 GLX), and I want to know who has details on the sizes of wheels that can fit the VR6. I know I can go as large as 17x8 (I don't want anything larger), with a max tire size of 215/40 R17. What about offset? I tried to get a price on some wheels, and the guy told me the wheel wouldn't work on the VR6 equipped car. Any input? I am currently looking at some ADR Shockers, which look a great deal like one of the wheels available on my favorite car, the BMW M3. Talk to me, people...

-  ENS DJ.B.djbergesen@dotstar.net
Student Naval Aviator
96 Vento GLX blk/blk