Re: Rear rattle/looseness

Hey Devin,

One thing you should definitely check is the muffler, especially if the rattle
sounds like it is coming from under the back seat.  What you want to do
is look at the hangers and make sure the muffler hooks are in place and
haven't come out of the rubber hangers.  One of my hooks had wiggled
its way out of its hanger and rattled whenever I was under hard acceleration
or hit any bumps.  This problem has happened to others as well.  If you
find that it is the muffler hanger, you can mount it back yourself, but that
will only work for a couple of weeks.

My dealer had to replace the hangers and re-align the muffler.  So far,
no more rattle problems...  :)

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX "Rattle-Free Edition"...