Re: California Emissions & Importing

Dave,
My experience is that all VW's after 1986 or so were built to CARB standards.
You should check your emissions certification tag under the hood, I believe
it's the same tag that tells you the output of your motor. It will either say
CA emissions or "this car as of it's manufacture date complies with emission
standards in all 50 states" or something like that. Six years ago, when I
moved from NYC to CA, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that my VW
at the time (88 Fox GL) was certified to meet CA emissions standard. No extra
charges added on to an already expensive registration process. Have your
checkbook ready, it's a damn expensive state!

CJI
99 GLX
Arrow Silver/Black leather