Re: Anyone have a CD changer for sale?

Mike,

   VW just exchanged my 98 GLX with a 99 GLS VR6 because of some recurring
problems...I had the car for a year and put 12 K on it...anyway the short
story is that about 6 months ago I bought the 6-CD changer (panasonic) from
crutchfield (incl VWPAN97) for my BOSE stock system...I had installed it in
the GLX, but took it out because the new car came with a CD changer...Let me
know if you are interested in buying the changer...FYI it is in mint
condition and never skips etc...I took it out about 5 days ago....

Milind

At 10:52 PM 4/11/99 -0600, Mike VanAmburgh wrote:
>Hi all.  I just joined this list cuz I just bought a 97 GLX.  I really
>like the car.  I sold a 95 GTI VR6 to get a four door.  The original
>plan was to get an all wheel drive new Passat, but no one knows for sure
>when they are coming out.  The dealers don't even know what the hell
>4Motion is...amazing.  I settled for a 92 Jetta GLI.  Although the 2.0
>16V is a great motor especially with the Garrett chip, I missed the feel
>of the VR6 and decided to not wait for an all wheel drive version of the
>Passat 1.8T.  So...here I am with a 97 Jetta GLX without a CD changer.
>I really miss the changer in the GTI and would LOVE to see how this Bose
>system sounds with a CD.  I am quite impressed how the Bose system
>sounds for being stock.  What CD changer is used with the Bose system?
>Whatever it is does anyone have one laying around that you'd like to
>sell?  Is it the same Clarion changer used with the 'premium' system
>(premium my ass) used in the GTIs/some GLXs?
>
>Anyone on this list living in UT?
>
>One last thing...is there a searchable archive for this list?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>-Mike
>88 Scirocco 16V
>97 Jetta GLX
>90 Cabbie
>87 Cabbie <----for sale in northern Utah - $2500 - pic available

Milind Gokhale			Ph: (609) 258-4204 (off)
Research Associate, POEM	    	  258-6688 (MBE lab)
J303 E-Quad				  279-0274 (home)
Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08540

FAX: (609) 258-1954