RE: Replacement for '98 GLX BOSE head unit?

Sorry, but '98's use a different style of key (flat, cross-type) that none
of the local stereo shops had last October.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark A Williams [mailto:mw6b+@andrew.cmu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 1999 3:07 PM
To: 'jettaglx@igtc.com'
Subject: Re: Replacement for '98 GLX BOSE head unit?

> You'll probably also have to have the dealer pull the stock radio. They
> seemed to be the only ones with the right "key."

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing here, but I just used a
cut-up metal coathanger on mine.  Worked fine.

DO remember to get the dealer to give you the security code for your
stereo.  The guy at my stealership just yanked it out, typed a serial
number into his computer, and gave me the code.  Easy as pie.

--Mark Williams
95 (stealth) jet