Re: Extended Warranty

Okay fellow listers, here's an interesting bit of knowledge that was sent
my way, and I thought I'd pass it along about the extended warranties.  Be
informed consumers!

In the extended warranty business, there are two types of
plans, "named coverage" and "exclusionary" plans. There
is a big difference.  In a "named coverage" plan, only
those parts listed in the contract are covered.  In an
"exclusionary" plan, those parts listed are NOT covered
by the contract, and ALL other components are covered.

Find out from any extended warranty provider the type of
plan they are selling.  Ask for the list of covered
components or the list of exclusions depending on the
plan you are considering. You will also make a better
decision based on the vehicle you own and your needs.