Re: Boge TurboGas - crap

My nearly-80mm-lower car is not in any danger of killing the oil pan. I
can't even scrape my spoiler on speed bumps. My whole point is your
recommendation should be IYHO. That is a pretty sweeping recommendation
to make, and is only applicable to those people who don't want the car
that much lower. I felt it was a disservice to listers to present one
side (yours) without the other (mine). I know for a fact Wally would
disagree!

SO...here are the facts:

A) '94-'95 VR6 cars have a 19mm higher perch than '96+ cars.
B) Using early-spec parts on later cars will yield a 19mm *increase* in
ride height.
C) Using late-spec parts on early cars will yield a 19mm *decrease* in
ride height.
D) Use the correct-spec part and the ride height is unchanged.
E) Bilstein makes a '94-'95 spec strut *and* a '96+ spec strut; Konis
and most likely Spax only make '96+ spec struts (i.e. 19mm lower perch
relative to early cars).
F) An X+19mm drop on early cars = an X drop on late cars with respect to
final ride height.
G) This only applies to non-Neuspeed Bilsteins

Make your own decisions based on your personal driving and cosmetic
tastes.

IMHO, Ground Control coilovers with Koni or Truechoice Koni coilovers
are *the* way to go...NS Race and Konis come a close second if you have
good roads  :)

Tom M. Matthews
tmmatthews@worldnet.att.net
'95 GTI VR6