RE: Wimpy Clutch Question

-----Original Message-----
From:	Joshua M. Marrow [SMTP:JMMarrow@sgh.com]
Sent:	Thursday, September 24, 1998 11:11 AM
To:	jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject:	Wimpy Clutch Question
  Yes - I have this problem too!  I've brought the car in to the dealer several times for this.  They can never seem to duplicate it, but I'm building a paper trail so that when the shock finally rips through the trunk, or whatever damage occurs (it does sound terrible, don't know how bad it actually is),  I can say  I TOLD YOU SO to the dealer, and have them fix it w/o blaming me (started 1 month after taking delivery).

Also, does anyone else out there notice a loud banging noise when you
go over heavy bumps.  I don't just mean the obvious noise from the
bump... but it sounds like the strut is hammering against the chasis.  It
does this on all four corners.  It seems a little excessive.

Again... any input would be appreciated

Josh Marrow
SGH Consulting Structural Engineers
San Francisco, California, USA