Re: VR6 Maintenance

Jesse,

	I don't own a GLX yet, I drive an '86 Scirocco.  I was in between
Honda/Acura and VW for the past 6-8 months.  I looked into and test drove
the Acura Integra GSR, Accord Coupe V6, Accord EX and the GLX about 4
times each.  GSR is a great car but to get half decent torque going you
need to rev the snot out of it to about 6100 rpm.  The Accord EX shifts
like a truck and feels too much like an OldSmobly coupe for me.  The
Accord V6 Coupe has awesome torque, smooth ride (a litle bit of a boat)
but it only comes in automatic (what a waste!).. All these cars have an
excellent track record but I don't think I'd have much fun driving them on
a regular basis.

	I own a Scirocco and it's costing me more to maintain than leasing
a small Honda or Golf but at the end of the day I LOVE driving it.  The
GLX is a VW and reliability did bother BUT I figure, get the extended warranty
and you're fine.  Drive feel on the GLX can't be beat!  The only car that I
felt came close to the GLX was my cousins 328I and it's almost twice the
price.  I haven't bought my GLX yet.. pending a possible move to the US
(I'm in Canada.)

my 2c,

Kevin.