Re: VR6 Maintenance

Thanks for the info and the reference to the archives. I will check it
out. I like the idea of the chain driven cams. My Eclipse snapped it's
timing belt at 28,000miles and was about to when I changed it 45,000
miles later. I would guess that VW probably did a good job designing the
system for the 2.0 as well.

My brother just bought a clean '96 GTI for $11,600 in Portland. He bought
the 2.0 because the insurance would be nuts for someone his age on a VR6.
Luckily I am old enough to get a good rate on the VR6 so that is what I
am looking for. This weekend I plan on heading down to Phoenix to test
drive a GTI VR6.

Jess