ROAD RAGE!!!!

Scary road-rage incident yesterday...
My local freeway onramp (163N from Washington) is a bit sketchy cause 2
street lanes converge into a 1 lane onramp with a 30mph traffic speed
differential between the two lanes - but there's a 1/4mile for the two to
merge so things usually work out.
That said, yesterday morning I was in the faster of the two lanes when an
80's beige Ford Tempo tried to move over as soon as the dividing cones
allowed, I started to brake to let him in, he saw me and then jerked back
into his lane so I just continued past him.  Now, I hadn't been awake for
more than 30min so I was my morning non-aggressive dopey self - I was
even listening to classical music!  :0   Mr Tempo caught up and rode my
ASS all the way to the freeway, I probly pissed him off more by only
going 50 but I figured I'd play it cool and not make this a high speed
scene.  Once at the freeway he swerved out 3 lanes and I thought that'd
be the end of it.   Then he swerves back right up against me and for the
first time I see that this guy is OLD - I mean like 65-70 and hunched
over the steering wheel!  Shit!  No longer comfortable with this
situation I punch 3rd, take my next freeway ramp (8East) and he's out of
sight / out of mind.  I'm in the slow lane surrounded by cars, waiting to
get on yet another freeway, when in my rearview I see Geriatric tempo
erratically swerving through traffic - doing 'the weave'.  Oh boy.  He
swerves 4 lanes, pinches between two cars to get right up against my left
rear quarter panel - and he's CLOSE!  I'm gently easing towards the right
shoulder when out of my left rearview I watch him panic and jerk the
wheel to the left.  He swerves back across all 5 lanes, loses control and
spins out!!!  My last vision is of a tempo stopped perpendicular to
traffic and taking up the 1 & 2 lanes, with about 10 cars taking
swerving, evasive maneuvers to avoid him.  wow.
	I kept thinking to myself "I can't believe that guy was after
ME!"  and I wonder if any of it would have happened if I was in my normal
alert and oriented / aggressive
mode - so that from the beginning he'd never be near me.   Hmmm.

You never know who you're going to meet up with on the road!

Rob in San Diego
97 Blurple Vento VR6
Garrett 08, K&N panel w/ modded box
Dunlop SP 4000, Eclipse 5341 /  BOSE
AMS Keyless Entry

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]