Re: Wimpy Clutch Question & Suspension -Reply

they said the struts have
> a "floating" mount and they are free to retract from the body and are only
> held in place by the overburden weight of the car....   ...Seems
> like an strange design to me.  I don't understand the merit of having >a suspension set-up like this...

The suspension is designed like this in an effort to minimize the
transfering of road noise and vibration into the car.  The softer the
connection between the strut and the car, the less vibration and
noise...  and the sloppier the handling.

Billy T