Keyless Alarm facts (WAS: Re: New Owner/Member)

YES!!!   The factory alarm has a 30 second delay when you un-arm the alarm
for your car.  If you DO NOT open a door (the trunk doesn't count), then the
alarm will re-arm itself.   So...  if you open the trunk for less than 30
seconds
and shut the trunk, then it will automatically re-arm itself without tripping
the
alarm.

I always just un-arm the alarm, then open the trunk (all with the keychain),
therefore, no worries with tripping the alarm (unless you accidentally press
the annoying PANIC button!!!).

BTW, I think it's 30 seconds... but it could be longer.

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX-VR6