Sunroof and Traction control

Yesterday I had my 97 GLX in for the 20K service.
There is a service bulletin out for those of us
with a sunroof that won't close with the key.
My service write up said Tech Bulletin 60 / Rewire.

I also had them check the traction control. They
ran a diagnostic test on its computer and it checked
out ok. I too have the problem that both wheels spin
together. This is not how our 96 Passat GLX behaves.
In that car you can feel the brakes engage when the
wheels begin to spin. I looked in the owners manual
but could not find anything about the traction control
system. Does anyone really know how the system is suppose
to function?

Dave
97 GLX