1998 GLX Stereo (Bose system, unrelated to current thread)

All,

   I'm taking delivery on a 1998 (well, 1999, but the A3 body style) GLX
tomorrow, and I *already* know I want to replace the head unit, but I'd like
to keep the Bose amp/speakers... I'm kinda confused, because my brother works
for a larger reputable audio chain in the area, and the  only harness they
have is for the standard system, and the installer says he's never done a GLX
before...  What do I need?  Can I just use this regular harness?  Is it just
"4 speakers" out of the head unit and then the amp splits it off to the
10-speaker system, or do I need a special harness?  What about this special
remote-turn on antenna thing I keep on hearing about?    Any advice on
swapping the head unit would be appreciated, I haven't found much of any info
on the web.

Thanks,

-Dave
(Soon to be the proud owner of a '99 Jetta GLX - Green exterior, tan leather)