Re: Superman Drives a Grand Cherokee

At 10:28 PM -0400 9/17/98, George & Deanna Achorn wrote:
>Hey,
>    I was away for a few days and realized a few things. VW Vortex has some
>new Jetta 4 Pics. Check em out.
>
>    Also, I saw a COOL Grand Cherokee commercial tonight. You see the thing
>driving through all this different weather and then drives into an icy cave.
>The driver gets out and throws some dry cleaning over his shoulder and it is
>the Superman suit. He drove it to the fortress of solitude. Cool.
>-G

This is somewhat off topic, mostly about the Cherokee and all:

My dealer (which is a pretty cool dealership-- fixed the rattling shift
knob under TSB 34-97-01 without ANY hassles, and said COME ON IN IF YOU
DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT FEELS NOW) is also a Jeep dealer, and they had a new
Cherokee on the lot.

My friend who has a 96 Cherokee Laredo and I were comparing the old to the
new Cherokee. Here are my quick impressions:

1. The interior is more refined. Negatives? No leather on shift knob,
handbrake, or 4wd selector.
2. The front end looks "kick ass"!
3. The interior has been better designed for usable space (and *removable*
cupholders-- wish my GLX had even USABLE cupholders!)-- both front and rear.
4. The air conditioning vents (direction, temperature, and pressure) are
somewhat flimsy. The old ones are much better.
5. Seats are much nicer.

Hopefully we can look forward to similar improvements in the interiors of
the A4 platform, primarily in #1 and #3...

-Khan

--
Khan Klatt
1997 VW Jetta GLX, Emerald Green