From: Rich Adams [mailto:radams@launch.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 1998 1:43 PM
To: austinvw@pswtech.com
Subject: RE: austinvw: exhaust

Ok, here's the deal (for the VR6):
Muffler w/ DTM tips $341 (regular $398). Two other mufflers are
available,
one with round tips, the other with oval. They're a little cheaper.
Connecting Pipe $60 (regular $90)
$401 + shipping

That's one of the more popular set-ups and what I will probably go with.
Basically, it's SuperSprint from the cylindrical factory resonator back,
eliminating the suitcase and the muffler. There are other components
(headers, resonators, racing systems) available as well, the part #'s
can be
referenced at www.supersprint.com. I can find out cost for you if you
want.
The catch is we have to get at least three people interested to get that
rate, so I may forward this on to other members of the GTI or Jetta
lists.
Hopefully, other Texas members might be interested. Otherwise, I may
still
be able to get a discount, but not as good. This does appear to be a
better
discount than what was available when a GTI list member organized a
group
purchase a few weeks ago from BMP in Tyler.

Now, for those of you without the VR6, if you are interested in
obtaining
one of the best exhaust systems in the world for your car (including the
Beetle), lemme know. The shop I am dealing with is in Baltimore MD.

Rich